Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Frank Miller's Daredevil Artifact Edition

 Title Page

 Pages 2-3

 Pages 4-5

Pages 6-7

It would be hard to design something related to Daredevil without incorporating the color red. So instead of fighting against it, I decided to embrace it. The color choices were actually closer to the CMYK process colors. The blue is close to cyan and the red is sorta close to magenta, but not really. I know that may not make a lot of sense to you, but to me it does. Sorry...  

I wanted to use circular design icons through out. It represents Daredevil's sensory perception, Bullseye's mask, braille, and without sounding too philosophical, the story ends up coming full circle. When using particular elements, there is always a fine balance between "enough" and "too much." Hopefully I didn't cross the line. I think it's entertaining to have a common design thread running through the book. I look at it as being a bonus. 

Even though the title of the book is Daredevil the character of Elektra is almost more prominent. I wanted to make sure that she was represented in an appropriate amount of space too. I also attempted to balance the red and the blue, wanting each to be both primary and secondary.

2 comments:

  1. ....Beautiful and delicate design...looks awesome Randy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mark, I appreciate your comments, and support!

    ReplyDelete