Thursday, September 10, 2015

Wally Wood's EC Stories Artisan Edition

 Cover

 Title Page

 Credits Spread

Table of Contents Spread


I got the opportunity to redesign the Wally Wood's Artist's Edition. Well, kind of. IDW came out with a smaller more affordable version of the book. This gave me a chance to go back and look at how I designed the oversized version and decide what worked and what had to be redesigned. The obvious thing is that I'm working with a smaller format. It's best in that case, to simplify. Because I looked at it as a companion piece to the Artist's Edition, I used similar images, but just cropped them and gave them a different feeling on the page. I'm pretty sure IDW has more plan for Artisan Editions, so this will cause me to reevaluate a lot of the work I've done... and perhaps make improvements??!!

2 comments:

  1. So excited to see one of my absolute favorite Artist's Editions being made into an Artisan Edition! Can you lobby for "The Rocketeer" and "Xenozoic Tales", Randy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the opportunity to take another run at both of those books. I'll mention it to Scott!

    ReplyDelete